Re: Sending attachments

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Sending attachments
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 15:08:53 -0400

> The real issue that I raised is sending attachments with Mail mode.

Actually, not really.  I think "the real issue" if sending attachments
(and non-ASCII text, including in headers) in "the default
mail-composition interface".  *Very* few users actually choose
mail-mode.

> Installing Etach will deal with that.  This actually does not involve
> a change in sendmail.el, since Etach is modular.

A simpler change is to make message-mode the default UI.
This thread seems to show that noone knows of any actual difference that
users would notice (other than being able to attach files and stuff, of
course).

So I think the first step should be to change mail-user-agent to
default to message-user-agent.
The next step will then be to make Rmail use message-mode as well
(which may require some changes to message-mode, of course).

        Stefan