Re: Willing to debug bug #3542 (23.0.94; File access via UNC path slow a

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Willing to debug bug #3542 (23.0.94; File access via UNC path slow again under Windows)
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 05:27:34 +0900

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
> Yes, it is (IMO): directory "address@hidden" does not exist, so you should
> have got an error.  Instead, you silently open a directory by another
> name, as if "address@hidden" existed.

So you're suggesting that each use of a system function with such
limitations be preceded by "if (contains_null(string)) error ();" or something?

I suppose, though it seems such an obscure issue that I guess I don't
really care.

-Miles

--
Next to fried food, the South has suffered most from oratory.
                        -- Walter Hines Page