Re: please change default value of truncate-partial-width-windows to nil

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: please change default value of truncate-partial-width-windows to nil
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 23:37:41 +0900

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
> I only know of modes that set it to t, and for those there's
> no difference.  Which code ever sets it to nil?

Gnus has a command that toggles it between t and nil.

> Maybe another option is to make truncate-partial-width-windows apply to
> full-width windows as well when its value is an integer (so it also
> applies when your window-manager makes your frames narrow).

Sure, that seems to work; a new name would be called for I
think... (truncate-narrow-windows?)

-Miles

--
`...the Soviet Union was sliding in to an economic collapse so comprehensive
 that in the end its factories produced not goods but bads: finished products