Re: GTK tool bar icons in Emacs

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: GTK tool bar icons in Emacs
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 12:28:27 +0900

address@hidden (Nick Roberts) writes:
> It would be nice to make Emacs more of a GTK app (fonts don't appear to change
> with System->Appearance->Fonts->Application font on Ubuntu) but since Emacs
> must run on a wide range of platforms that might not be possible.

One thing I've noticed is that if one installs a new fontconfig-handled
font, Emacs can't use it unless you restart, whereas typical gtk apps
can use the new font immediately.

It would be nice if Emacs could see newly installed fonts automatically,
or at least have some way of telling it to re-read fontconfig info
(I tried (clear-font-cache), but that had no apparent effect)...

Thanks,

-Miles

--
Rational, adj. Devoid of all delusions save those of observation, experience
and reflection.