Re: show whitespace problems by default in diff-mode

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: show whitespace problems by default in diff-mode
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 13:26:30 +0900

Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> writes:
>   > I can see an argument for turning on highlighting of "introduced
>   > trailing whitespace" (not in the context lines) by default for vc-diff
>   > of the working tree, but more general ("pedantic") highlighting
>   > shouldn't be on by default.
>
> The feature we are talking about here is exclusively about highlighting
> the "introduced trailing whitespace"...

Only in vc-diff against the working tree?

I don't like trailing whitespace either, and would be happy if there was
an unobtrusive and convenient way to reduce it -- but I also look at
lots of diffs where such indications would simply be noise.

[It seems worth noting that diff-mode generally goes to a fair bit of
trouble to be restrained in its presentation...]

-Miles

--
Education, n. That which discloses to the wise and disguises from the foolish
their lack of understanding.