Re: Why Emacs should have a good web-browser

From: Paul R
Subject: Re: Why Emacs should have a good web-browser
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 17:59:09 +0200

Stefan> Maybe the most promising direction I can see is to try and make
Stefan> some library (like webkit) render directly into an Emacs buffer
Stefan> (rather than X11/Cairo/w32/plaintext/younameit). Still, to make
Stefan> it handle tables properly, we may need to extend Emacs's
Stefan> rendering engine to better support them

How about doing that the other way, that is rendering emacs buffers in
webkit (or an other xhtml/css+js lib), making it the default rendering
backend for emacs in graphic mode. It would probably cut off some large
amount of emacs plateform-specific code and make web integration tight.

--
  Paul