Re: Bazaar migration status?

From: joakim
Subject: Re: Bazaar migration status?
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 19:06:21 +0200

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> To make a long story short, I've made a misstake and my branches are
>> no longer syncable from Jasons repository.
>
> Are you sure it was a mistake of yours: Jason's repository has had
> problems (around the same time the CVS crashed, tho I think it was just
> a coincidence).  I think Jason was trying to get a new one going, but
> I don't know its status (and it wouldn't be syncable with the old
> one :-( )

My mistake was not expecting this to happen with an experimental repos,
and not properly exporting my patches before trying to get up to date
with the new repos. So its my fault, and now I have a lot more work to
do before I can get up to speed again.

My point is I would expect this not to happen with a canonical Emacs bzr
repos, even if it had some flaws in the translation data.

> But, yes, I'm also eager to see us move away from CVS.

Can we translate this mutual eagerness into actual action?

FWIW when I encounter this situation in my professional role I usually
just disable committing to the old repos, leaving it on-line, and start
fresh with the new repos.

--
Joakim Verona