Re: VC top of the tree diff and log

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: VC top of the tree diff and log
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 00:45:57 +0300

> Here's what I have now, it defaults to showing short log (and the graph
> is shown in both the short and long versions).  It's git specific (no
> integration with VC), there's no UI for switching between the long and
> short version yet.
>
> Ideas (or even better, code) on how to make all these fit together are
> welcome.

I think the first step should be creating a set of defcustoms that will
cover most needs.  For example, I prefer the format "%h %ai %s" instead
of %h %ad %s" and so on.  This should be customizable.

The second step could be creating UI for switching between different formats
by temporarily rebinding the values of these customizable variables.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/