Re: Infrastructural complexity.

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Infrastructural complexity.
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 00:08:04 +0900

martin rudalics <address@hidden> writes:
> I'm afraid that window groups won't get away with little or 0 changes to
> the C code.  OTOH, framelets could get away with hardly any changes to C
> code.

Eh?  How?!  ... unless you're suggesting  using separate real frames (i.e.,
window-manager
windows), but that seems a quick path to misery.

I thought the whole point of these window-groups / framelets (hate the
name, but anyway the concept) was to keep these auxiliary thingies
inside a single frame (window-manager window), so emacs has some hope of
keeping control over their placement.  That AFAICS, requires changes to
the C code...

-Miles

--
`...the Soviet Union was sliding in to an economic collapse so comprehensive
 that in the end its factories produced not goods but bads: finished products