Re: Infrastructural complexity.

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Infrastructural complexity.
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 01:52:53 +0200

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 1:11 AM, Juri Linkov<address@hidden> wrote:
>> As I said before, I have code for that in winsav.el. It needs a bit
>> better integration with desktop.el currently, but it works.
>
> BTW, do you now have a fix to the problem of breaking the 'window
> property of overlays when restoring windows?

No, I consider that a "dynamic property", tied to the state of the
buffer+window.

I think there have to be some restore functions specific for major and
minor modes to do something like this. (And not even this will do it,
it might be about an overall state, not a per buffer state.)

So to fix this we have to define states to restore. I have done
miniscule work on this, restoring hi-lock overlays, but that is of
course a very minor (but useful) thing. But as an example that is what
I mean.