Re: djvu image file format in emacs?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: djvu image file format in emacs?
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 21:13:23 -0400

>>> I would like to add the .djvu image file format to Emacs list of
>>> supported native formats.  image-dired already almost supports it
>>> through ImageMagick.
>>> Does anyone have any opinions on this?
>> Sounds good.  BTW, this will make it that much more desirable to merge
>> image-mode and doc-view.el.
> Please clarify.

image-mode allows you to view a single file which contains one or more
images.
doc-view allows you to view a directory which contains (one or more)
images (tho it also additionally creates the directory first, from
a PDF/PS/DVI file).
If you look at the two modes and their code, you'll see there's already
some overlap, but there should be more.

        Stefan