Re: Upcoming 23.1 release

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Upcoming 23.1 release
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 10:42:18 -0400

    > Emacs DTRT?  If so, I'd suggest to try to fix this before the
    > release.  If it didn't DTRT in Emacs 22.3, I'm okay with postponing
    > the fix.

    BTW.  I don't know how to reproduce the bug (i.e. turning off of
    auto-save) in Emacs 23.  Do you?

I cannot tell you an exact recipe.  I just saw that my Rmail buffer
had buffer-saved-size = -1.  This was after I had copied a message
into it into it using rmail-output.

If you turn on auto-save in an large Rmail buffer with many messages
in it, I would guess it will always turn itself off on the first attempt
to auto-save, because the current buffer text (which is just one message)
will always be much smaller than the whole file.