Re: One example of code I can't understand

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: One example of code I can't understand
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 10:41:11 -0400

    In this area, there is something that we should eliminate, it's the
    notion of a unibyte-session (which means something like forcing
    default-enable-multibyte-characters to t, tho it's a bit trickier than
    that since default-enable-multibyte-characters is sometimes let-bound
    around buffer-creation in place of calling set-buffer-multibyte
    explicitly after the creation).

That change might be ok, but we should poll the users first.