Re: How to link carbon framework to NS port?

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: Re: How to link carbon framework to NS port?
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 09:53:20 +0300

Vebjorn Ljosa wrote:
> 1. Will using the SetSystemUIMode work on GNUstep?

No.  Nothing Carbon-related is implemented in GNUstep, and never will
be.  Think of GNUstep as free Cocoa + more (GNU extensions and support
for other platforms).

> 2. How do I modify the autoconf setup so that "-framework Carbon" is
> passed to gcc when linking the NS port?

That's easy, but I'm not sure if it is desirable.  See the
temacs${EXEEXT} rule in src/Makefile.in.  If Carbon is guaranteed to
be available on all Apple systems, you don't need any autoconf tests.