Re: Upcoming 23.1 release

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: Re: Upcoming 23.1 release
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 15:47:18 +0000 (UTC)

YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <mituharu <at> math.s.chiba-u.ac.jp> writes:

> Does GNUstep provide a meaningful implementation of -[NSFontDescriptor
> matchingFontDescriptorsWithMandatoryKeys:]?  According to *1, it seems
> to be just a stub and always return nil.
>
> *1:
http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/gnustep/libs/gui/trunk/Source/NSFontDescriptor.m?rev=26619&dir_pagestart=100&view=auto

You're right.  Not exactly a stub, but not going to work.  Barring
some sudden efforts by the GNUstep developers we will need to pull
back some portion of the code from the previous implementation
(NSFontManager-based) to support GNUstep.  For now it will return
a fallback font, but the user will not be able to change it.