Re: save-excursion or (let ((here (point)))

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: save-excursion or (let ((here (point)))
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 02:27:54 +0200

On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 4:44 PM, Stefan Monnier<address@hidden> wrote:
>> Thanks, but how do I know if a function triggers redisplay?
>
> Very few functions cause redisplay.  The main ones are the ones that
> wait (sleep, sit-for, read, ...).

Thanks, the problem disappeared. I am not sure why. I don't think any
of the functions above where involved (I don't belive I am calling
them here).

I suspect that it had something to do with either error handling (I
was rewriting some code and the way I do that causes a lot of
errors...) or calling `message' with long lines that does not fit on
one line (these were trace messages used during the rewrite).