Re: Changes 2009-07-15/16 in branch?

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: Changes 2009-07-15/16 in branch?
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 12:45:04 +0900

>>> An incorrect implementation of stippling is somewhat of a bug, but
>>> it might be better than no implementation of stippling.  Anyway, I
>>> don't see a reason to object that this is only on MacOS.

> Note that stippling has never really worked correctly even on X.

> [I fixed some of the bugs on my tiling branch, as the issues are
> similar to those of image backgrounds.]

Yes, that's one of the reasons I didn't try to implement stippling on
the Carbon port: I expected that inclusion of the tiling patch would
make the whole situation much nicer and also make it possible to port
both stippling and tiling in a cleaner way.

FWIW, the W32 port doesn't have implementation of stippling either.
Keeping a wrong implementation of stippling in the NS port doesn't
make any sense.

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden