Re: Gnus branches and sync with Emacs

From: Steinar Bang
Subject: Re: Gnus branches and sync with Emacs
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 19:08:42 +0200

> What the bzr repo will make definitely *much* easier *immediately* is
> for you to keep your own bleeding edge branch locally, and then push
> from there to the Gnus mainline when it's "open for commits".  You'll
> need to learn more of bzr than you might otherwise, but it's worth it.

FWIW I have been using the Gnus trunk for over ten years now (closing on
twelve, I think), and except for when lars were rolling releases, there
has never been a time with bleeding edge work hasn't been ok to do on
the trunk.

If you are going to do big changes, it's much better to let them loose
on a bunch of testers as early as possible, instead of sitting with them
on a branch just testing them yourself, and then committing them
big-bang to the trunk.