Re: Infrastructural complexity.

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Infrastructural complexity.
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 18:53:33 +0200

> I'm not sure what problem with frame resizing
> you are referring to but, ok.

Currently frame widths and heights can be only full columns and lines.
I suppose you have to "fix" this limitation when you want to tile a
frame into subframes.

> I don't want to confuse this immediate discussion
> with new names for the same thing but...
>
> I would say they are all simply "frames".
>
> Perhaps a good name for a frame with a nil
> parent is a "primary frame".   One with a
> non-nil parent is an "attached frame".

I'd consider a primary frame an artifact useful for tiling and for
giving the window manager something with a title, a menubar, and a
handler for resize requests to play around.  Nothing more.

martin