RE: Infrastructural complexity.

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Infrastructural complexity.
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 10:40:05 -0700

> Currently frame widths and heights can be only full columns and lines.
> I suppose you have to "fix" this limitation when you want to tile a
> frame into subframes.

Dunno if it helps here (probably not), but I have code that tiles (normal)
frames horizontally or vertically across/down the screen. The char-size
precision limitation you mention is not, at least for that application,
noticeable in practice. But I can see why it might matter more for "internal"
frames, which must fit exactly. FWIW, the code is here (commands
`tile-frames-*'):

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/frame-cmds.el