Re: Changes 2009-07-15/16 in branch?

From: Clifford Wulfman
Subject: Re: Changes 2009-07-15/16 in branch?
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 09:18:03 -0400

On Jul 28, 2009, at 12:37 AM, Richard Stallman wrote:

I use this feature all the time on my laptop to enable me to see what's underneath my editing window (a manual page, some data I'm transcribing, etc.)

How do you use it?  Temporarily for a moment?
What command do you give, when you want to use it?

Is this feature unique to Emacs on MacOS, or do other apps have it too?

I usually set it to .9 just for effect and leave it there; when I'm working on something that requires more transparency (e.g., transcribing something, refactoring code, describing something that's displayed in another window, etc.) I'll increase it. To set it, I use ns-set-background-alpha from the minibuffer.

I don't know many apps on the Mac that have this feature; the Terminal.app does, and I use it in a similar fashion.

Dr. Clifford E. Wulfman
Coordinator of Library Digital Initiatives
Princeton University Library
address@hidden