Re: Darkening font-lock colors

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: Darkening font-lock colors
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 15:21:30 -0700 (PDT)

Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:

  > Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> writes:
  >
  > >   > This does not alter the existing color scheme, except for darkening
the
  > >   > fainter colors.  (The dark-background color scheme seems to be fine.)
  > >
  > > What do they look on a light gray background?  While not the default,
  > > many people use a light gray background (like gray91) because white is
  > > too bright.
  >
  > See attached.  One a LightGray background, font-lock-string-face is
  > almost illegible by default IMO.

I see no reason to change font-lock-variable-name-face, seems readable
enough, and its too similar to font-lock-string-face after the change.

Maybe font-lock-string-face could use some change.

I don't have a problem with the current colors for the rest of the
faces...

Please also test on a 256 color xterm (with both white and light gray
background), the colors are very very similar, but not all are
completely identical...