Re: Darkening font-lock colors

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: Darkening font-lock colors
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 19:39:15 -0700 (PDT)

Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:

  > Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> writes:
  >
  > > Please also test on a 256 color xterm (with both white and light gray
  > > background), the colors are very very similar, but not all are
  > > completely identical...
  >
  > Yes, I've done that.  Results are shown.
  >
  > You're right that font-lock-variable-name-face is too close to
  > font-lock-string-face; I swapped it with DarkOrange4, and that seems to
  > work better.

variable-name-face looks no better than the original, and the original
looks good, so I see no reason to change.

string-face looks better than the original

constant-face - I'm neutral about it

builtin-face is a bit too close to gray, can you please find something
with a bit more color?

Given that you are changing faces, how about changing the dark
background, 8 color font-lock-comment-face to "yellow", then we can
obsolete `font-lock-comment-delimiter-face'.