Re: Changes 2009-07-15/16 in branch?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Changes 2009-07-15/16 in branch?
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 23:21:59 -0400

    More specifically, it's a combination of the Open Scripting
    Architecture and the AppleScript programming language. OSA is a
    mechanism which allows applications to expose functionality to other
    programs in order to automate tasks.

    Access to this functionality is provided by way of OSA Scripting
    Components, which is a way to plug new programming languages into OSA.
    There are components available for free languages, such as Ruby,
    JavaScript, and Python.

If it is normal for apps on MacOS to expose their functionality for
access thru OSA, I think it is proper for Emacs to follow.

Is this the functionality that some have said is comparable to Dbus?

    The AppleScript support in the Cocoa port allows one to execute
    AppleScripts from inside Emacs to control Mac OS or applications
    running on it.

Surely this is something that most apps don't have.  So we should
delete this from Emacs.