Re: how to resolve namespace issues between imagemagick and gif librarie

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: how to resolve namespace issues between imagemagick and gif libraries?
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2009 10:10:26 +0300

> From: address@hidden
> Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 20:02:32 +0200
>
> In file included from /usr/include/ImageMagick/wand/deprecate.h:28,
>                  from /usr/include/ImageMagick/wand/MagickWand.h:154,
>                  from image.c:7865:
> /usr/include/ImageMagick/wand/drawing-wand.h:172: error: conflicting types
> for ‘DrawRectangle’
> /usr/include/gif_lib.h:324: note: previous declaration of ‘DrawRectangle’ was
> here
> make[1]: *** [image.o] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/data/build/emacsnew/emacs/src'
> make: *** [src] Error 2

Can you show here the prototype of DrawRectangle from Imagemagick?

Is that the only conflict?  If not, please show the others as well.

> Any hints how to fix this in a manner acceptable for Emacs code?

Does Emacs use DrawRectangle, from any or both these libraries?  I
guess at most one is used, or else you'd have problems in the Emacs
sources as well, not just in the headers.  If we don't need to use
both, you should be able to rename one of them with #define.

A better solution would be to lobby the maintainers of Imagemagick to
use names specific to the package.