Re: Send all ERC messages to the &bitlbee channel?

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: Send all ERC messages to the &bitlbee channel?
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 01:56:11 +0800

Renaud Casenave-Péré <address@hidden> writes:

> If you set the `private' option in your bitlbee channel to false,
> every message you receive from people will go to the &bitlbee channel.

Thanks!

I found this on http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki?BitlBee

  By default, new conversations with buddie start in the control
  channel. However, most people probably prefer to have a separate
  window for every conversation. So you might want BitlBee to send
  messages directly to you instead of via the control channel. This is
  possible. Type the command “help set private” for more information.

`help set private' gives me this:

  If value is true, messages from users will appear in separate query
  windows. If false, messages from users will appear in the control
  channel.

`private' is set to true, but I still get message in localhost:6667.

Any idea?

> This behavior may also be the solution to your other question.

The one about fine tuning erc-auto-query depending on the user?

--
 Bastien