Re: improving network utility calls in lisp/net/net-utils.el

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: improving network utility calls in lisp/net/net-utils.el
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2009 18:34:04 -0400

Yoni Rabkin <address@hidden> writes:

> Does anyone have time to install this?

Terribly sorry for the delay, I haven't had time to review your patch
till just now.

With your change, the ifconfig, iwconfig, netstat, arp, and route
commands are no longer autoloaded.  Could you fix this?  (And
personally, I'd write out the function definitions manually instead of
using the net-utils-defutil macro, because the macro probably confuses
C-h f.  It's not that much more work.)

Also, please make net-utils-font-lock-keywords a defvar, not a defconst
(make nslookup-font-lock-keywords a defvar too, while you're at it).

Once you make these changes, just send me the revised patch with a
ChangeLog entry, and I'll install it.  Thanks for your patience.