Re: Bug tracker choices for Emacs.

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: Bug tracker choices for Emacs.
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 08:00:24 -0400

> A while ago I wrote xesam-debbugs.el, a search engine for
> debbugs. Finally I've stopped it, because debbugs does not offer an API
> for full text search.
>
> Does Launchpad supports it per API? If yes, I would be in favor of this,
> because this would ease bug handling from inside Emacs.

Yes.  See https://launchpad.net/+apidoc/#bug_target-searchTasks for
details, and https://help.launchpad.net/API for an introduction.

The "searchTasks()" API provides basically the same functionality as the
Bugs Advanced Search web screen, so to get a quick overview, just visit
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/emacs/+bugs?advanced=1 .

Best,
-Karl