Re: bug with automount-dir-prefix handling in abbreviate-file-name

From: Ami Fischman
Subject: Re: bug with automount-dir-prefix handling in abbreviate-file-name
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 10:07:36 -0700

Are you saying that everything is working as intended, or are you
saying that abbreviate-file-name's behavior is as expected, but that
the find-file failure is a bug?

The only reason I mentioned abbreviate-file-name was to point out
where in the backtrace the directory name became unusable.  It still
seems like a bug to me that this results in an error.

Perhaps a clearer demonstration of what I think the problem is is to
use the default values:
sudo mkdir -p /tmp_mnt/fooblah
emacs -Q
C-x C-f /tmp_mnt/fooblah/
results in the message:
apply: Setting current directory: no such file or directory, /fooblah/
and no dired buffer.

-a