Re: [emacs-nxml-mode] Re: nxml-mode, docbook, xinclude

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: [emacs-nxml-mode] Re: nxml-mode, docbook, xinclude
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 13:39:42 +0200

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 1:34 PM, Dave Pawson<address@hidden> wrote:

>>> Then either pick up both versions, 4.5 and 5.0 (and keep
>>> them up to date I guess) or link to where the schemas
>>> can be picked up.
>>
>> Could you please explain how we should handle this in Emacs? (I have
>> added Emacs Devel to the discussion.)
>
> Just my point. I don't think this should be an emacs issue
> If you want docbook schema, html or any other schema
> the end user should pick up that schema from the source
> of that schema.

Thanks. I see.

I really think they should be part of Emacs distribution (as they are
now) and wondered whether you have some suggestion regarding Docbook
4.5 and 5.0. There is now a schema for Docbook 4.2 in Emacs 22.

I know nothing about how to distinguish those in Emacs. How should the
schemas be named so that Emacs can pick the right version according to
the spec in the Docbook xml file?