RE: Add file-locals and dir-locals

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Add file-locals and dir-locals
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 14:58:30 -0700

Question from ignorance - ignore if irrelevant.

When dumping, is the granularity necessarily a complete file? Would it be
feasible and worthwhile to have some kind of macro that could be wrapped around
only those forms to be used when dumping (or only those forms not to be used for
dumping)?

IOW, instead of splitting a file in two purely for the sake of dumping only part
of it, would it be feasible and useful to have an Lisp construct that declares
certain forms for dumping (or for not dumping)?

Again, ignore if this makes no sense. Splitting a file for only this reason just
seems a bit weird on the face of it.

--------