RE: face-remap.el patch to resize window

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: face-remap.el patch to resize window
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 20:27:49 -0700

> > Doesn't it make sense to resize the window to take
> > advantage of space freed up when text is scaled
> > smaller? As an option at least?
>
> To me the fact that text-scale-increase doesn't change the window's
> size is one of its greatest features.

The savings in space come when you decrease text size, not increase it.

In any case, given your personal preference, you would simply leave the option
value as nil. This is about giving users the option. The default value can be
nil.

> Resizing windows is the job of the window-manager (and most
> of my window's sizes are dicated by the screen size).

Of course, if your windows are full-screen, then this wouldn't be very useful to
you. But some users split windows; some often have windows that are less than
full-screen.

> But if people like it, I won't object to this feature as an option, as
> long as it's well integrated.

The small patch I sent does that.