Re: Darkening font-lock colors

From: grischka
Subject: Re: Darkening font-lock colors
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 16:15:53 +0200

Miles Bader wrote:

    > > Thanks for doing this, if you are looking for opinions: your way is
    > > better that both the current CVS and emacs22.
    >
    > I disagree.  Juri's proposed colors look way too faded out -- i.e., hard
    > to read (emacs22 colors suffered from the same problem), and are more
    > irritating to boot (magenta should not be used for text!).
    >
    > The current CVS colors are better.

I agree with that, however just saying "better" is probably too simple because
it can depend very much on the display screen that someone uses.

For example see the screen-photo below, taken from an average recent notebook
LCD with emacs-23.1 as released.  Sure in reality it's better than on the photo
but still some words such as "--no-loadup", "NULL" and "#ifdef" are almost not
readable.

--- grischka

JPEG image