Re: Why are there two dolist?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Why are there two dolist?
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 07:37:14 +0900

You mean the "subr.el", and "cl-macs.el" versions?

The latter is an extended version of the former, supporting extra stuff
to be (kinda) CL compatible (e.g., an implicit block around the body).

Most people will never see the cl-macs version; those who _should_ see
it will, because they'll have done (require 'cl) first; since the
cl-macs version supports the basic subr.el usage, it's OK if some code
that doesn't need the extra features ends up se

> And shouldn't they say that you do not have to intern/declare VAR?

It says that it binds VAR (like let), which implies that you don't need
to declare it.  I don't know why it should say anything about interning,
as that's not a concept most code needs to care about.

-Miles

--
Egotist, n. A person of low taste, more interested in himself than in me.