Re: bzr for Gnus (was: Switching to bzr: what Emacs developers should kn

From: Mike Kupfer
Subject: Re: bzr for Gnus (was: Switching to bzr: what Emacs developers should know?)
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 06:50:36 -0700

ST> An alternative to a kludgy nest of "xmas" in Gnus in Emacs would be
ST> to maintain the XEmacs compatibility code only in XEmacs package
ST> CVS, and not have it in Gnus "upstream" at all.

Hmm, I'll have to think about this.  I'm reluctant to put the
XEmacs-specific code off in a separate place.  I suspect it would make
it too easy for someone to change the common code and forget to make any
corresponding changes in the XEmacs-specific code.  Using nested repos
might make that less of a concern, depending on the specifics of the
tool and how the workflow is set up.

mike