Re: improve vc-bzr-print-log

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: improve vc-bzr-print-log
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 13:28:37 -0400

Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> writes:

> Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:
>
>   > Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> writes:
>   >
>   > > When vc-bzr was written "bzr log" did not take multiple file arguments,
>   > > it does now, so vc-bzr-print-log can take advantage of this.
>   > >
>   > > Any objection to this patch?
>   >
>   > How old are the versions of bzr that don't accept multiple file
>   > arguments,
>
> No idea, I only have access to  bzr-1.16.1.
>
>   > and what effect does this change have on those versions?
>
> Doing C-x v l when multiple files are selected in vc-dir will not work.
> C-x v l from a file context will work just the same.
> The thing is that bzr users have all the reasons to use very up to date
> versions, the performance and disk usage is dramatically better.
> C-x v l for multiple files is new in 23.1, so not supporting it for old
> bzr versions in 23.2 does not seem like a problem.

Sorry for coming back to this so late.

Could you add a defcustom to toggle between this new code (giving
multiple file arguments to "bzr log") and the old code, defaulting to
the new code?  I don't think it's worth trying to autodetect bzr
version, but let's at least give users a way to get the old behavior if
they need it.