Re: point-min and 1

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: point-min and 1
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 10:44:58 +0200

martin rudalics <address@hidden> writes:

>>> I'd opt for two new primitives `goto-point-min' and `goto-point-max'.
>>
>> What for?
>
> To simplify typing.  And dicussions like the present one ;-)

I don't see how this "discussion" would be implified, typing is
simplified only marginally, and understanding is usually affected
negatively when simple, logical language idioms are replaced by
functions with a separate name.

If performance were an issue, it would perfectly well be addressed by
the byte compiler.

--
David Kastrup