Re: moving window handling into lisp

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: moving window handling into lisp
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 11:39:34 -0400

> This might require a primitive to undelete a window,
> for the sake of dragging a boundary all the way across and back.
> I'd guess that is not very hard to add.

Actually, regardless of whether it can introduce problems (which it
could), I think this is not a good idea: dragging modelines and
scrollbars should not be construed as a way to delete windows.
So no amount of dragging modelines should be able to delete windows.

OTOH, there is a situations where we have to live with it: when resizing
a frame "all the way across and back", we may want/need to delete
a window and then resurrect it.  Not sure what's the best way to deal
with this:
- either somehow make it possible to undelete windows (I'd *much* rather
  not, but maybe if we make it sufficiently restrictive it'd be OK).
- or maybe avoid deleting the window in this case, instead leave it
  a size-0, and delete it at some later time (when would that be?).
- prevent frame resizing that would require deleting a window.

        Stefan