Re: moving window handling into lisp

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: moving window handling into lisp
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 17:07:00 +0200

David Kastrup skrev:
martin rudalics <address@hidden> writes:

We can both honor the window manager request and avoiding deleting windows.

Just show a single window saying the windows does not fit when the
frame gets too small. Put back the windows then the frame gets bigger.
Where are these windows in the period starting when you show the single
window and ending when you put them back?

I find it saner to refuse the resize request (perfectly valid behavior)
until the frame-internal window configuration allows it.

You can't in X11 (well maybe by fiddling with WM size hints, but it isn't guaranteed to work). There is no resize request, just an event telling you "you have been resized, adapt".

Override redirect would work, but that is so bad.

        Jan D.