Re: moving window handling into lisp

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: moving window handling into lisp
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 18:11:28 +0200

> This could be a special case. Just change the pointer to the (root)
> window and save the old pointer.

Well, and what would we do then?  Could you sketch a dialogue?

>> I find it saner to refuse the resize request (perfectly valid behavior)
>> until the frame-internal window configuration allows it.
>
> I have no idea if it is valid. It is on w32, but what about other
> window managers?

We already do have a lot of complaints from people using some less
standard WMs.  Most of them run like "Emacs is the only application that
does (or does not) behave that way."

> There are also similar (but without windows identity problems) when
> restoring a saved window configuration.

Indeed.  And asking questions while a saved desktop gets restored could
be annoying as well.  BTW, what kind of questions would you ask here?

martin