Re: moving window handling into lisp

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: moving window handling into lisp
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 15:51:28 -0400

>> - prevent frame resizing that would require deleting a window.
> Emacs not honoring a window manager's request?

Not necessarily: it could be done by instructing the window-manager
beforehand about the applicable resizing limits.  I've often found
windows that cannot be resized below some threshold (often dialog
windows).  Try it with `evolution', for example: I can't make it
narrower than 879 pixels.

> I think we can live with deleting windows in that case and _not_
> resurrecting them when the frame is resized.

With window-managers that do "opaque resizing" (pretty much standard
nowadays), that can be very problematic.

        Stefan