Re: emacs/lisp/net dbus.el

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: emacs/lisp/net dbus.el
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 09:57:40 +0200

Glenn Morris <address@hidden> writes:

> Thanks; now it builds, but the build still leaves me with dbus-launch
> and dbus-daemon processes running after make finishes.
>
> If it's relevant, I was building by logging in via ssh to a system
> where I had an X session running, which seemed to be spawned via
> dbus-launch.

Could you, please, check whether the D-Bus processes do run already
before the build? I have embedded the dbus-init-bus calls into a check
for $DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS; this environment variable exists only
when you have a running D-Bus session bus.

In your case, no additional D-Bus processes shall be launched by
compiling or loading dbus.el. If so, then it might be due to other
reasons (maybe a bug which persists longer).

Best regards, Michael.