Re: next bugfix release?

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: next bugfix release?
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 17:06:29 -0400

Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> writes:

> Are there any plans for the next release?

The plan (and Stefan agrees) is to spend about the same amount of time
as we did between 22.1 and 22.2.  This would put 23.2 around April next
year.

> IMO we need to make a bug fix release ASAP, this bug:
>
> http://emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=4146
>
> warrants it.  Not being able to set the C style in a file (or
> directory) local variable is a major annoyance for users.

This bug is pretty serious.  Happily, it only affects the trunk; the
23.1 release is unaffected.

The most likely culprit is the 2009-07-18 change to cc-mode.el, which we
did not apply to the release branch.