Re: buildobj.lst and Windows builds - a tiny bit of help needed?

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: buildobj.lst and Windows builds - a tiny bit of help needed?
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 16:30:33 +0800

Ken Raeburn wrote:
I think it should be pretty straightforward, as you can see from the changes in the attached diff, but it does involve make commands that have to write double-quotes and backslashes to files (and thus get the quoting right), and an object file list that is supposedly too long to process on one command line...
To deal with quoting correctly for all variants of make/shell there are macros ARGQUOTE and DQUOTE.

I think the way you've broken up the object file list already should be OK, as it is following the previous code that you are replacing. The object file sub-lists should be short enough not to break the line length limit on any of the shells that might be in use, and they should not be so close to the limit that a longer command will break them (if they are, we can fix that by rebalancing the object file sub-lists).