Re: Updating the tour for Xft

From: Phil Sung
Subject: Re: Updating the tour for Xft
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 23:32:50 -0700

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 10:50, Stefan Monnier<address@hidden> wrote:
>> Now we have nice anti-aliased fonts with 23.1, can we update the tour
>> (http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/tour/) so that it shows off this
>> nice new visual feature?
>
> I agree that the tour should be updated to reflect what the user would
> see in Emacs-23.

I've regenerated the tour screenshots with Emacs 23. I also updated
the text to reflect some of the Emacs 23 features and defaults (e.g.
with respect to transient mark and emacsclient).

Can someone please
(1) apply the attached patch (for tour/index.html) to the web site and
(2) replace the images in tour/images with those in
<http://web.psung.name/public/images.tar.gz> ?

Thanks,
Phil