Re: New sync'd branch

From: joakim
Subject: Re: New sync'd branch
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 11:29:36 +0200

address@hidden (Nick Roberts) writes:

>> So I believe we should create a new branch EMACS_23 which will play the
>> role currently played by the trunk, so the trunk can now be open to more
>> experimental development (bidi, cpp->autoconf conversion, lexbind, ...),
>> targetted for Emacs-24.
>
> This seems contrary to earlier belief that branching well before a release
> results in all energy being diverted away from the release.

My €0.2C: Developer energy is not a resource you can divert at will att
random tasks. My energy level depends on how interesting I find the
tasks at hand. I often wish otherwise.

Hopefully everyone can work at tasks that interests them, and we can
both have releases and a living far-future branch.

--
Joakim Verona