Re: is there a unicode character palette in emacs?

From: Marcus Frings
Subject: Re: is there a unicode character palette in emacs?
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 11:00:49 +0200

* Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:
>> has anyone developed a command that calls up a unicode table? that is,
>> similar to Mac OS's Character Palette or Windows's charmap.exe?

> X-Symbol had such a thing, back then (tho it wasn't for unicode).

But does X-Symbol work on a recent Emacs > 23?
I always had problems to make it run because it complained about
unavailable font stuff. After a short Google search I found this one:

<URL:http://proofgeneral.inf.ed.ac.uk/trac/ticket/196>

Regards,
Marcus
--
"anger thought so no thought touched inside crazy
(disembodied guttural noise need not make sense)"