Re: Filename problem in CEDET merge

From: Eric M. Ludlam
Subject: Re: Filename problem in CEDET merge
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 09:55:57 -0400

On Fri, 2009-08-28 at 16:33 +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > From: "Eric M. Ludlam" <address@hidden>
> > Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
> > Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 07:16:00 -0400

> > > This might work for `require', but I don't think it will work for
> > > `load' (e.g., in ~/.emacs).
> >
> > Load still works with my example, as:
> >
> > (load "hack/fooble")
>
> Perhaps I don't understand your suggestion.  Can you please tell how
> will this work with the original files in CEDET that prompted Yidong
> to start this thread?

Sure,

  The file set like this:

semantic.el
semantic-lex.el
semantic-analyze.el
semantic-analyze-debug.el
semantic-analyze-fcn.el
semantic-analyze-refs.el

would end up as:

semantic.el
semantic/lex.el
semantic/analyze.el
semantic/analyze/debug.el
semantic/analyze/fcn.el
semantic/analyze/refs.el

which would show up in requires as:

(require 'semantic)
(require 'semantic/lex)
(require 'semantic/analyze)
(require 'semantic/analyze/debug.el)
(require 'semantic/analyze/fcn)
(require 'semantic/analyze/refs)

but this code would not work:

(require 'lex)
(require 'fcn)

because those other directories would not be on the path.

Eric