Re: Emacs 23.1 flushes stdin on startup

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: Emacs 23.1 flushes stdin on startup
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 11:09:22 -0700 (PDT)

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

  > > On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 15:14:11 -0500 Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> wrote:
  > TZ> I don't know how to choose a better name, sorry.  Feel free to suggest
  > TZ> alternatives.
  >
  > TZ> Another version lies below.  Let me know if it looks OK.  My change is
  > TZ> minor but I may have missed something.
  >
  > > I haven't seen a response from Stefan (about the code rewrite) or Johan
  > > (about the naming).  Can you please let me know if the patch is OK?
  >
  > I replied about the name, proposing `xterm-enable-modify-other-keys'
  > with docstring "Whether or not to activate modifyOtherKeys in xterm" and
  > documenting nil, t and check as valid values.
  >
  > The code change itself looks fine,

Please see bug#4234, I have a patch there to allow emacs to read the
background color from xterm so that it can set the correct
background-mode (and not just default to 'light).
When that code is allowed to be checked in,
`xterm-enable-modify-other-keys' will not be appropriate anymore.
Maybe `xterm-enable-terminal-query' ?