Re: Status of IPA patch?

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Status of IPA patch?
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 22:06:54 +0300

>  > (Is there any other major software to be compatible with?)
>
> Well, SCIM, but that’s not really major. My friend Clint, here:
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=499558 preferred the script
> G when he adapted the Kirshenbaum method to SCIM, and didn’t offere a
> choice; if anyone has an SCIM install, I’d be curious as to what that does
> with its X-SAMPA input.

Both X-SAMPA and Kirshenbaum SCIM inputs use U+0261 for `g'.

IPA-X-SAMPA:
g       ɡ       0       # U+0261 LATIN SMALL LETTER SCRIPT G

IPA-Kirshenbaum:
g       ɡ       0       # U+0261 LATIN SMALL LETTER SCRIPT G

I see no reason to deviate from this standard in Emacs.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/